DONG Energy AS (DENERG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companyâ€™s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companyâ€™s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description â€“ A detailed description of the companyâ€™s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy â€“ Analystâ€™s summarization of the companyâ€™s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis â€“ A detailed analysis of the companyâ€™s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history â€“ Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services â€“ A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors â€“ A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees â€“ A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies â€“ A brief summary of the executivesâ€™ employment history.
- Key operational heads â€“ A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries â€“ A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years â€“ The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods â€“ The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Dong Energy A/S (Dong Energy) is an integrated energy company that procures, produces, distributes and trades energy. It generates electricity and heat using conventional fuel and wind energy sources. The company also explores and produces oil and natural gas; stores natural gas; transports crude oil; and markets and sells natural gas, electricity and related products. It maintains a portfolio of natural gas and oil exploration licenses, production licenses, under development licenses and exploration and appraisal licenses. The company supplies energy to residential, commercial and industrial customers in Northern Europe. Dong Energy is headquartered in Fredericia, Denmark.
DONG Energy AS Key Recent Developments
Apr 12,2017: DONG Energy nominates Con4Mare to provide Marine Warranty Survey Services for the Borkum Riffgrund 2 Wind
Apr 10,2017: GMS UK Ltd wins contract for worldâ€™s biggest wind farm, Hornsea Project One
Apr 10,2017: Sea Installer Mobilising for Race Bank OWF
Apr 04,2017: Skaerbaek Power Station getting ready to produce green energy
Apr 03,2017: Second Walney substation shipped from the Hoboken yard
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companyâ€™s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitorsâ€™ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companyâ€™s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companiesâ€™ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
DONG Energy A/S - Key Facts 6
DONG Energy A/S - Key Employees 7
DONG Energy A/S - Key Employee Biographies 8
DONG Energy A/S - Major Products and Services 9
DONG Energy A/S - Key Operational Summary 10
DONG Energy A/S, Share of Installed Capacity by Fuel Type (Power Generation), 2010 10
DONG Energy A/S - History 11
DONG Energy A/S - Company Statement 26
DONG Energy A/S - Locations And Subsidiaries 27
Head Office 27
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 27
Joint Venture 29
Section 2 â€“ Company Analysis 30
DONG Energy A/S - Business Description 30
Business Description - Bioenergy & Thermal Power 30
Bioenergy & Thermal Power - Overview 30
Bioenergy & Thermal Power - Production 30
Bioenergy & Thermal Power - Financials 30
Bioenergy & Thermal Power - Capital Expenditure 30
Business Description - Distribution & Customer Solutions 30
Distribution & Customer Solutions - Overview 30
Distribution & Customer Solutions - Financials 30
Distribution & Customer Solutions - Capital Expenditure 31
Business Description - Wind 31
Wind - Overview 31
Wind - Production 31
Wind - Financials 31
Wind - Capital Expenditure 31
DONG Energy A/S - SWOT Analysis 32
SWOT Analysis - Overview 32
DONG Energy A/S - Strengths 32
DONG Energy A/S - Weaknesses 33
DONG Energy A/S - Opportunities 34
DONG Energy A/S - Threats 35
DONG Energy A/S - Key Competitors 36
Section 3 â€“ Company Financial Ratios 37
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 37
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 38
Performance Chart 41
Financial Performance 41
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 42
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 43
Section 4 â€“ Companyâ€™s Power, Oil & Gas Financial Deals and Alliances 44
DONG Energy A/S, Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 44
DONG Energy A/S, Power, Deals By Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 45
DONG Energy A/S, Recent Deals Summary 46
Section 5 â€“ Companyâ€™s Recent Developments 47
Apr 10, 2017: GMS UK Ltd wins contract for worldâ€™s biggest wind farm, Hornsea Project One 47
Apr 10, 2017: Sea Installer Mobilising for Race Bank OWF 48
Apr 04, 2017: Skaerbaek Power Station getting ready to produce green energy 49
Apr 03, 2017: Second Walney substation shipped from the Hoboken yard 50
Mar 23, 2017: Residues from Novo Nordisk and Novozymes to be converted into biogas 51
Mar 21, 2017: Good Energy Group PLC brings offshore wind to energy mix for first time through deal with DONG Energy 53
Mar 20, 2017: DONG Energy contracts Thomson Ecology during latest stage of Hornsea Project Three offshore wind farm 54
Mar 17, 2017: Ownership Of Norway's Nyhamna Gas Export Plant To Expand 55
Mar 17, 2017: Anemos factory: STX France has a greater vision for MRE 56
Mar 15, 2017: DONG Energy: The world's first offshore wind farm is retiring 57
Section 6 â€“ Appendix 58
Ratio Definitions 58
About GlobalData 62
Contact Us 62
List of Figures
DONG Energy A/S, Share of Installed Capacity by Fuel Type, MW, 2010 10
DONG Energy A/S, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 41
DONG Energy A/S, Ratio Charts 43
DONG Energy A/S, Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 44
DONG Energy A/S, Power, Deals by Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 45