Dynegy Inc. (DYN) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companyâ€™s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companyâ€™s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description â€“ A detailed description of the companyâ€™s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy â€“ Analystâ€™s summarization of the companyâ€™s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis â€“ A detailed analysis of the companyâ€™s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history â€“ Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services â€“ A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors â€“ A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees â€“ A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies â€“ A brief summary of the executivesâ€™ employment history.
- Key operational heads â€“ A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries â€“ A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years â€“ The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods â€“ The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Dynegy Inc. (Dynegy) is a holding company, which carries out its business through its subsidiaries. The company produces and sells electric energy, capacity and ancillary services primarily on a wholesale basis through its power generation facilities. Dynegy offers its services to integrated utilities, municipalities, industrial customers, power marketers, electric cooperatives, transmission and distribution utilities, financial participants such as banks and hedge funds and other power generators. The company, together with its subsidiaries, operates in the Midwest, the Northeast and the West Coast of the US and Canada. Dynegy is headquartered in Houston, Texas, the US.
Dynegy Inc. Key Recent Developments
Apr 11,2017: Dynegy Provides 2017 and 2018 Financial Forecast
Feb 23,2017: Dynegy Announces 2016 Results, Portfolio Changes and Updated Acquisition Synergies Targets
Feb 02,2017: Illinois Power Generating Company Emerges from Chapter 11
Jan 25,2017: Illinois Power Generating Companyâ€™s Reorganization Plan Confirmed
Jan 09,2017: Energy Coalition seeks early trial to prove $7.6 Billion Nuclear Subsidy is illegal
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companyâ€™s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitorsâ€™ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companyâ€™s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companiesâ€™ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Dynegy Inc. - Key Facts 6
Dynegy Inc. - Key Employees 7
Dynegy Inc. - Key Employee Biographies 8
Dynegy Inc. - Major Products and Services 10
Dynegy Inc. - Key Operational Summary 11
Dynegy Inc., Share of Installed Capacity by Fuel Type (Power Generation), 2010 11
Dynegy Inc., Share of Installed Capacity by Region (Power Generation), 2010 12
Dynegy Inc. - History 13
Dynegy Inc. - Company Statement 15
Dynegy Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries 18
Head Office 18
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 18
Joint Venture 19
Section 2 â€“ Company Analysis 20
Dynegy Inc. - Business Description 20
Dynegy Inc. - SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis - Overview 21
Dynegy Inc. - Strengths 21
Dynegy Inc. - Weaknesses 22
Dynegy Inc. - Opportunities 23
Dynegy Inc. - Threats 24
Dynegy Inc. - Key Competitors 25
Section 3 â€“ Company Financial Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 27
Performance Chart 30
Financial Performance 30
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 31
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 32
Section 4 â€“ Companyâ€™s Power Financial Deals and Alliances 33
Dynegy Inc., Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 33
Dynegy Inc., Power, Deals By Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 34
Dynegy Inc., Recent Deals Summary 35
Section 5 â€“ Companyâ€™s Recent Developments 36
Feb 23, 2017: Dynegy Announces 2016 Results, Portfolio Changes and Updated Acquisition Synergies Targets 36
Feb 02, 2017: Illinois Power Generating Company Emerges from Chapter 11 39
Jan 25, 2017: Illinois Power Generating Companyâ€™s Reorganization Plan Confirmed 40
Jan 09, 2017: Energy Coalition seeks early trial to prove $7.6 Billion Nuclear Subsidy is illegal 41
Dec 09, 2016: Illinois Power Generating Company Filed for Court Approval of Prepackaged Reorganization Plan 42
Nov 01, 2016: Dynegy Announces 2016 Third Quarter Results Affirms 2016 Guidance; Initiates 2017 Guidance 43
Oct 04, 2016: Dynegy Makes Executive Management Team Adjustments to Optimize Organization 46
Sep 23, 2016: Dynegy Reports Illinois Power Agency Capacity Procurement Event Results 47
Sep 02, 2016: IPH Files for Early Termination of Environmental Variance 48
Aug 03, 2016: Dynegy Announces 2016 Second Quarter Results 49
Section 6 â€“ Appendix 51
Ratio Definitions 51
About GlobalData 55
Contact Us 55
List of Figures
Dynegy Inc., Share of Installed Capacity by Fuel Type, MW, 2010 11
Dynegy Inc., Share of Installed Capacity by Region, MW, 2010 12
Dynegy Inc., Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 30
Dynegy Inc., Ratio Charts 32
Dynegy Inc., Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 33
Dynegy Inc., Power, Deals by Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 34