El Paso Electric Company (EE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companyâ€™s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companyâ€™s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description â€“ A detailed description of the companyâ€™s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy â€“ Analystâ€™s summarization of the companyâ€™s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis â€“ A detailed analysis of the companyâ€™s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history â€“ Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services â€“ A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors â€“ A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees â€“ A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies â€“ A brief summary of the executivesâ€™ employment history.
- Key operational heads â€“ A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries â€“ A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years â€“ The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods â€“ The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
El Paso Electric Company (El Paso) is a vertically integrated electric utility which generates, transmits, and distributes electric power. It produces electricity from nuclear, natural gas, coal, and solar sources. The company has ownership interest in and operates various power generation facilities. Through power purchase and sale agreements, El Paso also sources electric power from various conventional and renewable energy producers. It retails electricity to residential, commercial and industrial, and other customers in Texas and New Mexico; and sells for resale to other electric utilities and power marketers on wholesale basis. The companyâ€™s service territory extends from Hatch in New Mexico to Van Horn in Texas and includes connections to Juarez in Mexico and the Comision Federal de Electricidad national utility. El Paso is headquartered in El Paso, Texas, the US.
El Paso Electric Company Key Recent Developments
Apr 19,2017: El Paso's First Community Solar Program Fully Subscribed
Mar 20,2017: El Paso Electricâ€™s New Community Solar Program Open for Enrollment
Feb 23,2017: El Paso Electric Announces Fourth Quarter and Annual 2016 Financial Results
Feb 13,2017: El Paso Electric Files 2017 Texas Rate Case
Jan 04,2017: EP Electric wants rate increases in Texas, NM - 1.4.17
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companyâ€™s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitorsâ€™ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companyâ€™s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companiesâ€™ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
El Paso Electric Company - Key Facts 6
El Paso Electric Company - Key Employees 7
El Paso Electric Company - Key Employee Biographies 8
El Paso Electric Company - Major Products and Services 9
El Paso Electric Company - Key Operational Summary 10
El Paso Electric Company, Share of Installed Capacity by Fuel Type (Power Generation), 2010 10
El Paso Electric Company, Share of Installed Capacity by Region (Power Generation), 2010 11
El Paso Electric Company - History 12
El Paso Electric Company - Company Statement 14
El Paso Electric Company - Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Section 2 â€“ Company Analysis 16
El Paso Electric Company - Business Description 16
El Paso Electric Company - SWOT Analysis 17
SWOT Analysis - Overview 17
El Paso Electric Company - Strengths 17
El Paso Electric Company - Weaknesses 18
El Paso Electric Company - Opportunities 19
El Paso Electric Company - Threats 20
El Paso Electric Company - Key Competitors 21
Section 3 â€“ Company Financial Ratios 22
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 22
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 23
Performance Chart 26
Financial Performance 26
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 27
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 28
Section 4 â€“ Companyâ€™s Power Financial Deals and Alliances 29
El Paso Electric Company, Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 29
El Paso Electric Company, Power, Deals By Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 30
El Paso Electric Company, Recent Deals Summary 31
Section 5 â€“ Companyâ€™s Recent Developments 32
Mar 20, 2017: El Paso Electricâ€™s New Community Solar Program Open for Enrollment 32
Feb 23, 2017: El Paso Electric Announces Fourth Quarter and Annual 2016 Financial Results 33
Feb 13, 2017: El Paso Electric Files 2017 Texas Rate Case 37
Jan 04, 2017: EP Electric wants rate increases in Texas, NM - 1.4.17 38
Nov 16, 2016: Construction Begins on Solar Facility for New Community Solar Program 39
Nov 03, 2016: El Paso Electric Announces Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results 40
Nov 02, 2016: EPE to Build 5 MW Solar Facility for Holloman Air Force Base 45
Sep 30, 2016: Surcharges Related to TX Rate Case Effective October 1 46
Sep 15, 2016: Montana Power Station in east El Paso, TX Complete 47
Aug 30, 2016: El Paso Electric: Proposed Transmission Line and Substation in Canutillo, TX 48
Section 6 â€“ Appendix 49
Ratio Definitions 49
About GlobalData 53
Contact Us 53
List of Figures
El Paso Electric Company, Share of Installed Capacity by Fuel Type, MW, 2010 10
El Paso Electric Company, Share of Installed Capacity by Region, MW, 2010 11
El Paso Electric Company, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 26
El Paso Electric Company, Ratio Charts 28
El Paso Electric Company, Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 29
El Paso Electric Company, Power, Deals by Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 30