Energias de Portugal S.A. (EDP) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companyâ€™s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companyâ€™s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description â€“ A detailed description of the companyâ€™s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy â€“ Analystâ€™s summarization of the companyâ€™s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis â€“ A detailed analysis of the companyâ€™s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history â€“ Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services â€“ A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors â€“ A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees â€“ A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies â€“ A brief summary of the executivesâ€™ employment history.
- Key operational heads â€“ A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries â€“ A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years â€“ The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods â€“ The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Energias de Portugal, S.A. (EDP) is a vertically integrated power and gas utility that generates, transmits, distributes and sells electricity; and explores for, produces, transports, distributes and sells natural gas. It produces electricity through a diversified portfolio of generation assets including wind, solar, biomass, nuclear, hydro and coal-based power plants. It also purchases and supplies electricity in the Iberia electricity market. The company supplies electricity and gas to residential, commercial, agricultural, industrial and other customers. EDP, along with its subsidiaries, has operations in several countries including Portugal, Spain, the US, Canada, Brazil, Poland, Romania, France, Belgium, the UK, Italy and China. EDP is headquartered in Lisbon, Portugal.
Energias de Portugal S.A. Key Recent Developments
Mar 02,2017: Combination of solar and hydro technologies will supply power in Portugal
Dec 15,2016: ERSE announces electricity tariffs for 2017
Dec 13,2016: EDP sells EUR 48 million of tariff deficit in Portugal
Nov 15,2016: Fujitsu to Drive Digital Transformation for Major Utility EDP
Oct 18,2016: ANEEL approves a -23.53% tariff update at EDP Bandeirante
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companyâ€™s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitorsâ€™ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companyâ€™s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companiesâ€™ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Energias de Portugal S.A. - Key Facts 6
Energias de Portugal S.A. - Key Employees 7
Energias de Portugal S.A. - Key Employee Biographies 8
Energias de Portugal S.A. - Major Products and Services 9
Energias de Portugal S.A. - Key Operational Summary 10
Energias de Portugal S.A., Share of Installed Capacity by Fuel Type (Power Generation), 2010 10
Energias de Portugal S.A., Share of Installed Capacity by Region (Power Generation), 2010 11
Energias de Portugal S.A. - History 12
Energias de Portugal S.A. - Company Statement 16
Energias de Portugal S.A. - Locations And Subsidiaries 17
Head Office 17
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 17
Joint Venture 18
Section 2 â€“ Company Analysis 19
Energias de Portugal S.A. - Business Description 19
Energias de Portugal S.A. - SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis - Overview 21
Energias de Portugal S.A. - Strengths 21
Energias de Portugal S.A. - Weaknesses 22
Energias de Portugal S.A. - Opportunities 23
Energias de Portugal S.A. - Threats 24
Energias de Portugal S.A. - Key Competitors 25
Section 3 â€“ Company Financial Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 27
Performance Chart 30
Financial Performance 30
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 31
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 32
Section 4 â€“ Companyâ€™s Power, Oil & Gas Financial Deals and Alliances 33
Energias de Portugal S.A., Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 33
Energias de Portugal S.A., Power, Deals By Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 34
Energias de Portugal S.A., Recent Deals Summary 35
Section 5 â€“ Companyâ€™s Recent Developments 36
Mar 02, 2017: Combination of solar and hydro technologies will supply power in Portugal 36
Dec 15, 2016: ERSE announces electricity tariffs for 2017 37
Dec 13, 2016: EDP sells EUR 48 million of tariff deficit in Portugal 38
Nov 15, 2016: Fujitsu to Drive Digital Transformation for Major Utility EDP 39
Oct 18, 2016: ANEEL approves a -23.53% tariff update at EDP Bandeirante 40
Oct 16, 2016: ERSE announces proposal for electricity tariffs in 2017 41
Aug 05, 2016: CTG, EDP commission Brazilian Cachoeira Caldeirao hydropower project 42
Jun 30, 2016: EDPâ€™s Moray Firth offshore wind project may delay due to Brexit 43
May 27, 2016: EDP announces the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding for further development of EDP/CTG strategic partnership 44
Section 6 â€“ Appendix 45
Ratio Definitions 45
About GlobalData 49
Contact Us 49
List of Figures
Energias de Portugal S.A., Share of Installed Capacity by Fuel Type, MW, 2010 10
Energias de Portugal S.A., Share of Installed Capacity by Region, MW, 2010 11
Energias de Portugal S.A., Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 30
Energias de Portugal S.A., Ratio Charts 32
Energias de Portugal S.A., Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 33
Energias de Portugal S.A., Power, Deals by Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 34