Fortum Corporation (FUM1V) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companyâ€™s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companyâ€™s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description â€“ A detailed description of the companyâ€™s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy â€“ Analystâ€™s summarization of the companyâ€™s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis â€“ A detailed analysis of the companyâ€™s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history â€“ Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services â€“ A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors â€“ A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees â€“ A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies â€“ A brief summary of the executivesâ€™ employment history.
- Key operational heads â€“ A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries â€“ A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years â€“ The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods â€“ The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Fortum Corporation (Fortum) is a clean energy company, which generates, distributes and sells heat and electricity. The company undertakes operation and maintenance of power plants; and offers energy-related services. Fortum's operational assets include hydropower plants, condensing power plants, wind power plants, nuclear reactors and combined heat and power plants. The company also offers district heating; nuclear safety and waste management services. It has operations in Estonia, Finland, the UK, Latvia, Poland, Russia, Lithuania, Norway and Sweden. Fortum is headquartered in Espoo, Finland.
Fortum Corporation Key Recent Developments
Apr 11,2017: Fortum has published the restated comparison figures in accordance with the new organisational structure
Apr 07,2017: Penguin wave energy starts generating electricity in UK
Apr 03,2017: Fortum commissions 70MW solar project in India
Apr 03,2017: Ekokem is now Fortum
Apr 03,2017: Fortum to relocate head office to Keilalahdentie 2-4
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companyâ€™s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitorsâ€™ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companyâ€™s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companiesâ€™ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Fortum Corporation - Key Facts 6
Fortum Corporation - Key Employees 7
Fortum Corporation - Key Employee Biographies 8
Fortum Corporation - Major Products and Services 9
Fortum Corporation - Key Operational Summary 10
Fortum Corporation, Share of Installed Capacity by Fuel Type (Power Generation), 2010 10
Fortum Corporation - History 11
Fortum Corporation - Company Statement 18
Fortum Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 19
Head Office 19
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 19
Section 2 â€“ Company Analysis 24
Fortum Corporation - Business Description 24
Business Description - City Solutions 24
City Solutions - Overview 24
City Solutions - Financials 24
City Solutions - Capital Expenditure 24
Business Description - Generation 24
Generation - Overview 24
Generation - Production 24
Generation - Financials 25
Generation - Capital Expenditure 25
Business Description - Other 25
Other - Overview 25
Other - Financials 25
Other - Capital Expenditure 25
Business Description - Russia 25
Russia - Overview 25
Russia - Production 25
Russia - Financials 25
Russia - Capital Expenditure 25
Fortum Corporation - Corporate Strategy 26
Fortum Corporation - SWOT Analysis 27
SWOT Analysis - Overview 27
Fortum Corporation - Strengths 27
Fortum Corporation - Weaknesses 28
Fortum Corporation - Opportunities 29
Fortum Corporation - Threats 30
Fortum Corporation - Key Competitors 31
Section 3 â€“ Company Financial Ratios 32
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 32
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 33
Performance Chart 36
Financial Performance 36
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 37
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 38
Section 4 â€“ Companyâ€™s Power, Oil & Gas Financial Deals and Alliances 39
Fortum Corporation, Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 39
Fortum Corporation, Power, Deals By Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 40
Fortum Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 41
Section 5 â€“ Companyâ€™s Recent Developments 42
Apr 11, 2017: Fortum has published the restated comparison figures in accordance with the new organisational structure 42
Apr 07, 2017: Penguin wave energy starts generating electricity in UK 43
Apr 07, 2017: Penguin wave energy starts generating electricity in UK 44
Apr 03, 2017: Fortum commissions 70MW solar project in India 45
Apr 03, 2017: Ekokem is now Fortum 46
Mar 30, 2017: City of Espoo and Fortum continue efforts towards making Espoo a low-carbon city 47
Mar 23, 2017: Climaveneta: Efficient heat waste recovery of a data center 48
Mar 20, 2017: Mikael Ronnblad appointed Executive Vice President, Consumer Solutions 49
Mar 16, 2017: KKJ to build Kaunas waste-to-energy power plant in Lithuania 50
Mar 13, 2017: Fortum, Futurice developing new concept for solar energy companies 51
Section 6 â€“ Appendix 52
Ratio Definitions 52
About GlobalData 56
Contact Us 56
List of Figures
Fortum Corporation, Share of Installed Capacity by Fuel Type, MW, 2010 10
Fortum Corporation, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 36
Fortum Corporation, Ratio Charts 38
Fortum Corporation, Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 39
Fortum Corporation, Power, Deals by Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 40