Hydro-Quebec - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the companyâ€™s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the companyâ€™s key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description â€“ A detailed description of the companyâ€™s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy â€“ GlobalDataâ€™s summarization of the companyâ€™s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis â€“ A detailed analysis of the companyâ€™s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history â€“ Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services â€“ A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors â€“ A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees â€“ A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies â€“ A brief summary of the executivesâ€™ employment history.
- Key operational heads â€“ A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries â€“ A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Hydro-Quebec is a government-owned energy utility that generates, transmits and distributes electricity. The company specializes in renewable energy generation, using hydro sources and supports the development of electricity using other technologies such as wind energy and biomass. It generates most of its electricity from hydro sources, with low greenhouse gas emissions. The company also sells power on wholesale markets in northeastern North America. Hydro-Quebec carries out research and development in energy related fields. It distributes electricity to a number of residential and commercial customers in Quebec. The company has operational presence in the US and Canada. Hydro-Quebec is headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Hydro-Quebec Key Recent Developments
Apr 04,2017: Hydro-Quebec to Power First Formula E Races in Montreal
Mar 22,2017: Hydro-Quebec records its fourth highest income ever thanks to record exports
Mar 07,2017: Pattern Development Completes Financing and Starts Full-Stage Construction of 147 MW Wind Project in Quebec
Mar 01,2017: A Rate Increase Below Inflation: Hydro-Quebec Upholds Its Commitment
Jan 22,2017: Nearly 115,000 Charges at Electric Circuit Stations in 2016: Up 146% Over 2015
Reasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this reportâ€™s analysis of the companyâ€™s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitorsâ€™ business structure and strategies with GlobalDataâ€™s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the companyâ€™s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this reportâ€™s detailed insight into the companyâ€™s strategic, business and operational performance.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Hydro-Quebec - Key Facts 6
Hydro-Quebec - Key Employees 7
Hydro-Quebec - Key Employee Biographies 8
Hydro-Quebec - Major Products and Services 9
Hydro-Quebec - Key Operational Summary 10
Hydro-Quebec, Share of Installed Capacity by Fuel Type (Power Generation), 2010 10
Hydro-Quebec - History 11
Hydro-Quebec - Company Statement 16
Hydro-Quebec - Locations And Subsidiaries 17
Head Office 17
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 17
Joint Venture 17
Section 2 â€“ Company Analysis 19
Hydro-Quebec - Business Description 19
Business Description - Construction 19
Construction - Overview 19
Construction - Financials 19
Business Description - Corporate and Other Activities 19
Corporate and Other Activities - Overview 19
Corporate and Other Activities - Financials 19
Business Description - Distribution 19
Distribution - Overview 19
Distribution - Financials 19
Business Description - Generation 20
Generation - Overview 20
Generation - Financials 20
Business Description - Transmission 20
Transmission - Overview 20
Transmission - Financials 20
Hydro-Quebec - SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis - Overview 21
Hydro-Quebec - Strengths 21
Hydro-Quebec - Weaknesses 22
Hydro-Quebec - Opportunities 23
Hydro-Quebec - Threats 24
Hydro-Quebec - Key Competitors 25
Section 3 â€“ Companyâ€™s Power Financial Deals and Alliances 26
Hydro-Quebec, Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 26
Hydro-Quebec, Power, Deals By Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 27
Hydro-Quebec, Recent Deals Summary 28
Section 4 â€“ Companyâ€™s Recent Developments 29
Apr 04, 2017: Hydro-Quebec to Power First Formula E Races in Montreal 29
Mar 22, 2017: Hydro-Quebec records its fourth highest income ever thanks to record exports 30
Mar 07, 2017: Pattern Development Completes Financing and Starts Full-Stage Construction of 147 MW Wind Project in Quebec 32
Mar 01, 2017: A Rate Increase Below Inflation: Hydro-Quebec Upholds Its Commitment 33
Jan 22, 2017: Nearly 115,000 Charges at Electric Circuit Stations in 2016: Up 146% Over 2015 34
Jan 17, 2017: ABB upgrades 350MW HVDC link in Canada 35
Jan 11, 2017: Invenergy commences operations at Roncevaux wind farm in Quebec, Canada 36
Jan 11, 2017: Invenergy commences operations at Roncevaux wind farm in Quebec, Canada 37
Nov 28, 2016: RTE and Hydro-Quebec Strengthen Strategic Cooperation 38
Nov 18, 2016: Hydro-Quebec record volume of net exports in the third quarter 39
Section 5 â€“ Appendix 40
About GlobalData 40
Contact Us 40
List of Figures
Hydro-Quebec, Share of Installed Capacity by Fuel Type, MW, 2010 10
Hydro-Quebec, Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 26
Hydro-Quebec, Power, Deals by Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 27