OC Oerlikon Corporation AG (OERL) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companyâ€™s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companyâ€™s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description â€“ A detailed description of the companyâ€™s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy â€“ Analystâ€™s summarization of the companyâ€™s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis â€“ A detailed analysis of the companyâ€™s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history â€“ Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services â€“ A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors â€“ A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees â€“ A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies â€“ A brief summary of the executivesâ€™ employment history.
- Key operational heads â€“ A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries â€“ A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years â€“ The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods â€“ The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
OC Oerlikon Corporation AG (Oerlikon) is an industrial conglomerate that specializes in surface solutions, manmade fibers, and drive systems. The company develops production systems, components, and services for high-technology products. Its business activities consist of turnkey solutions for the manufacture of protective coatings for precision tools and components, systems for the production of vacuums and conveying process gases, equipment for textile production and propulsion technology. Oerlikon serves aviation, power generation, automotive, oil and gas, tools and metal and plastics processing sectors in Europe, Asia/Pacific, North America, South America, the Middle East and Africa. Oerlikon is headquartered in Pfaffikon, Switzerland.
OC Oerlikon Corporation AG Key Recent Developments
Dec 07,2016: Oerlikon signed new Syndicated Credit Facility Agreement
Nov 30,2016: Oerlikon: Change on the Board of Directors
Nov 02,2016: Oerlikon: Third quarter 2016 results
Sep 08,2016: Oerlikon appoints Anna Ryzhova as Chief Human Resources Officer and Member of the Executive Committee
Aug 02,2016: Second quarter and half-year 2016 results: Oerlikon
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companyâ€™s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitorsâ€™ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companyâ€™s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companiesâ€™ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1 - About the Company 5
OC Oerlikon Corporation AG - Key Facts 5
OC Oerlikon Corporation AG - Key Employees 6
OC Oerlikon Corporation AG - Key Employee Biographies 7
OC Oerlikon Corporation AG - Major Products and Services 8
OC Oerlikon Corporation AG - History 9
OC Oerlikon Corporation AG - Company Statement 12
OC Oerlikon Corporation AG - Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Section 2 â€“ Company Analysis 17
OC Oerlikon Corporation AG - Business Description 17
OC Oerlikon Corporation AG - SWOT Analysis 18
SWOT Analysis - Overview 18
OC Oerlikon Corporation AG - Strengths 18
OC Oerlikon Corporation AG - Weaknesses 19
OC Oerlikon Corporation AG - Opportunities 20
OC Oerlikon Corporation AG - Threats 21
OC Oerlikon Corporation AG - Key Competitors 22
Section 3 â€“ Company Financial Ratios 23
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 23
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 24
Performance Chart 27
Financial Performance 27
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 28
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 29
Section 4 â€“ Companyâ€™s Power Financial Deals and Alliances 30
OC Oerlikon Corporation AG, Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 30
OC Oerlikon Corporation AG, Power, Deals By Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 31
OC Oerlikon Corporation AG, Recent Deals Summary 32
Section 5 â€“ Companyâ€™s Recent Developments 33
Dec 07, 2016: Oerlikon signed new Syndicated Credit Facility Agreement 33
Nov 30, 2016: Oerlikon: Change on the Board of Directors 34
Nov 02, 2016: Oerlikon: Third quarter 2016 results 35
Sep 08, 2016: Oerlikon appoints Anna Ryzhova as Chief Human Resources Officer and Member of the Executive Committee 36
Aug 02, 2016: Second quarter and half-year 2016 results: Oerlikon 37
May 10, 2016: Moving forward in demanding market environment: Oerlikon 40
Apr 04, 2016: Oerlikon shareholders approved all resolutions proposed by the Board 42
Mar 08, 2016: Change in Board of Directors of Oerlikon 43
Mar 01, 2016: 2015 full-year results: Oerlikon Group 44
Mar 01, 2016: Oerlikon appoints Dr. Roland Fischer as Group CEO to accelerate execution of new strategic direction 46
Section 6 â€“ Appendix 47
Ratio Definitions 47
About GlobalData 51
Contact Us 51
List of Figures
OC Oerlikon Corporation AG, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 27
OC Oerlikon Corporation AG, Ratio Charts 29
OC Oerlikon Corporation AG, Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 30
OC Oerlikon Corporation AG, Power, Deals by Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 31