Prysmian S.p.A (PRY) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companyâ€™s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companyâ€™s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description â€“ A detailed description of the companyâ€™s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy â€“ Analystâ€™s summarization of the companyâ€™s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis â€“ A detailed analysis of the companyâ€™s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history â€“ Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services â€“ A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors â€“ A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees â€“ A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies â€“ A brief summary of the executivesâ€™ employment history.
- Key operational heads â€“ A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries â€“ A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years â€“ The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods â€“ The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Prysmian S.p.A (Prysmian) is a supplier of high-technology cables and systems. It designs, develops, manufactures, supplies and installs energy and telecom cables and cable systems. Prysmian produces high- and medium voltage cable systems; high and extra high voltage cables; optical fiber, optical cables, optical ground wire, connectivity components and accessories, and copper cables; and technology-driven products, besides services, technologies and know-how. The companyâ€™s customer base includes utilities and grid operators, installers, industrial concerns, and companies in energy, infrastructure, telecommunications, industrial and construction sectors. The company has operations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, North America, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. Prysmian is headquartered in Milan, Lombardia, Italy.
Prysmian S.p.A Key Recent Developments
Mar 10,2017: Prysmian wins two contracts for offshore wind farms in Germany
Mar 02,2017: Prysmian ahead of schedule in the realisation of the Wikinger offshore wind farm in Germany
Feb 23,2017: Prysmian to realise a new interconnector between France and the UK through the Channel Tunne
Feb 21,2017: Prysmian to provide submarine power cable links for offshore wind farms in France
Jan 30,2017: Land cable connections for the East Anglia One offshore wind farm
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companyâ€™s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitorsâ€™ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companyâ€™s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companiesâ€™ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1 - About the Company 5
Prysmian S.p.A - Key Facts 5
Prysmian S.p.A - Key Employees 6
Prysmian S.p.A - Key Employee Biographies 7
Prysmian S.p.A - Major Products and Services 8
Prysmian S.p.A - History 10
Prysmian S.p.A - Company Statement 14
Prysmian S.p.A - Locations And Subsidiaries 16
Head Office 16
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 16
Section 2 â€“ Company Analysis 17
Prysmian S.p.A - Business Description 17
Prysmian S.p.A - Corporate Strategy 18
Prysmian S.p.A - SWOT Analysis 19
SWOT Analysis - Overview 19
Prysmian S.p.A - Strengths 19
Prysmian S.p.A - Weaknesses 20
Prysmian S.p.A - Opportunities 21
Prysmian S.p.A - Threats 22
Prysmian S.p.A - Key Competitors 23
Section 3 â€“ Company Financial Ratios 24
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 24
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 25
Performance Chart 28
Financial Performance 28
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 29
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 30
Section 4 â€“ Companyâ€™s Power, Oil & Gas Financial Deals and Alliances 31
Prysmian S.p.A, Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 31
Prysmian S.p.A, Power, Deals By Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 32
Prysmian S.p.A, Recent Deals Summary 33
Section 5 â€“ Companyâ€™s Recent Developments 34
Mar 10, 2017: Prysmian wins two contracts for offshore wind farms in Germany 34
Mar 02, 2017: Prysmian ahead of schedule in the realisation of the Wikinger offshore wind farm in Germany 35
Feb 23, 2017: Prysmian to realise a new interconnector between France and the UK through the Channel Tunne 36
Feb 21, 2017: Prysmian to provide submarine power cable links for offshore wind farms in France 37
Jan 30, 2017: Land cable connections for the East Anglia One offshore wind farm 38
Jan 17, 2017: Innovation & project execution for offshore wind farms in Northern EU 39
Dec 16, 2016: SACE and SIMEST with BNP paribas for Prysmian and National Grid: $519 million for the North Sea Link Project 40
Nov 08, 2016: Prysmian S.P.A Nine-Month results 2016 41
Oct 14, 2016: New contract awarded for offshore wind farm in Belgium 44
Sep 29, 2016: Prysmian's New P-Laser 600 kV HVDC system allows a cost reduction of up to 30% 45
Section 6 â€“ Appendix 46
Ratio Definitions 46
About GlobalData 50
Contact Us 50
List of Figures
Prysmian S.p.A, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 28
Prysmian S.p.A, Ratio Charts 30
Prysmian S.p.A, Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 31
Prysmian S.p.A, Power, Deals by Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 32