SCANA Corporation (SCG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companyâ€™s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companyâ€™s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description â€“ A detailed description of the companyâ€™s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy â€“ Analystâ€™s summarization of the companyâ€™s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis â€“ A detailed analysis of the companyâ€™s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history â€“ Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services â€“ A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors â€“ A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees â€“ A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies â€“ A brief summary of the executivesâ€™ employment history.
- Key operational heads â€“ A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries â€“ A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years â€“ The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods â€“ The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
SCANA Corporation (SCANA) is a holding company that generates, transmits, distributes and sells electricity; and purchases, transports, and sales natural gas through its subsidiaries in North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. The company generates electricity through various energy sources such as coal, gas, nuclear and hydro. The company caters to various industries including chemicals, food products, lumber and wood products, health services, educational services, paper products, textile manufacturing, rubber and miscellaneous plastic products, automotive and tire and fabricated metal products. SCANA is headquartered in Cayce, South Carolina, the US.
SCANA Corporation Key Recent Developments
Mar 29,2017: SCANA Corporation to Discuss Plans to Continue Work on the New Nuclear Project during a Transition and Evaluation Period
Mar 15,2017: Upstate Forever Appeals Federal Approval Of Natural Gas Pipeline
Feb 16,2017: SCANA Reports Financial Results for Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016, Announces 2017 Earnings Guidance and Long-term Guidance
Oct 27,2016: SCANA Reports Financial Results for Third Quarter 2016
Oct 19,2016: Public Service Commission of South Carolina Approves SCE&G Rate Adjustment Under Base Load Review Act
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companyâ€™s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitorsâ€™ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companyâ€™s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companiesâ€™ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
- Key Operational Summary 11
SCANA Corporation, Share of Installed Capacity by Fuel Type (Power Generation), 2010 11
SCANA Corporation - History 12
SCANA Corporation - Company Statement 14
SCANA Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Section 2 â€“ Company Analysis 16
SCANA Corporation - Business Description 16
SCANA Corporation - Corporate Strategy 17
SCANA Corporation - SWOT Analysis 18
SWOT Analysis - Overview 18
SCANA Corporation - Strengths 18
SCANA Corporation - Weaknesses 19
SCANA Corporation - Opportunities 20
SCANA Corporation - Threats 21
SCANA Corporation - Key Competitors 22
Section 3 â€“ Company Financial Ratios 23
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 23
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 24
Performance Chart 26
Financial Performance 26
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 27
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 28
Section 4 â€“ Companyâ€™s Power, Oil & Gas Financial Deals and Alliances 29
SCANA Corporation, Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 29
SCANA Corporation, Power, Deals By Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 30
SCANA Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 31
Section 5 â€“ Companyâ€™s Recent Developments 32
Mar 29, 2017: SCANA Corporation to Discuss Plans to Continue Work on the New Nuclear Project during a Transition and Evaluation Period 32
Mar 15, 2017: Upstate Forever Appeals Federal Approval Of Natural Gas Pipeline 33
Feb 16, 2017: SCANA Reports Financial Results for Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016, Announces 2017 Earnings Guidance and Long-term Guidance 34
Oct 27, 2016: SCANA Reports Financial Results for Third Quarter 2016 36
Oct 19, 2016: Public Service Commission of South Carolina Approves SCE&G Rate Adjustment Under Base Load Review Act 37
Sep 21, 2016: Construction work continues on new V.C. Summer nuclear reactors 38
Jul 28, 2016: SCANA Reports Financial Results for Second Quarter 2016 39
May 26, 2016: South Carolina Electric & Gas Company Elects Fixed Price Option and Requests Update to Construction and Capital Cost Schedules for New Nuclear Units 40
Apr 28, 2016: SCANA Reports Financial Results for First Quarter 2016 41
Apr 14, 2016: NRC Schedules Open House to Discuss 2015 Summer Nuclear Plant Performance and Construction Inspections of New Units 43
Section 6 â€“ Appendix 44
Ratio Definitions 44
About GlobalData 48
Contact Us 48
List of Figures
SCANA Corporation, Share of Installed Capacity by Fuel Type, MW, 2010 11
SCANA Corporation, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 26
SCANA Corporation, Ratio Charts 28
SCANA Corporation, Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 29
SCANA Corporation, Power, Deals by Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 30