Vattenfall AB - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the companyâ€™s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the companyâ€™s key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description â€“ A detailed description of the companyâ€™s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy â€“ GlobalDataâ€™s summarization of the companyâ€™s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis â€“ A detailed analysis of the companyâ€™s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history â€“ Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services â€“ A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors â€“ A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees â€“ A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies â€“ A brief summary of the executivesâ€™ employment history.
- Key operational heads â€“ A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries â€“ A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Vattenfall AB (Vattenfall) is a state-owned energy company that generates, distributes and sells electricity and heat. It is one of the leading generators of electricity and heat in Europe. The company also conducts the sale of gas and energy trading. Vattenfall generates power through various sources of energy including wind, nuclear, hydro, natural gas, solar, coal, biomass and waste. The company serves households, businesses, electricity and gas customers. It has operational presence in Denmark, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK, which are its major markets. Vattenfall is headquartered in Solna, Stockholm, Sweden.
Vattenfall AB Key Recent Developments
Mar 28,2017: Vattenfallâ€™s Annual and Sustainability Report 2016: â€œPower Climate Smarter Livingâ€
Mar 15,2017: Vattenfall and Preem to work on large scale biofuel project in Sweden
Mar 07,2017: Vattenfall supports major battery production project in Sweden
Feb 27,2017: The Swedish Energy Agency is investing heavily in a carbon-dioxide-free steel industry
Feb 22,2017: Carbon Trust OWA to challenge jacket foundation fatigue standards
Reasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this reportâ€™s analysis of the companyâ€™s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitorsâ€™ business structure and strategies with GlobalDataâ€™s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the companyâ€™s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this reportâ€™s detailed insight into the companyâ€™s strategic, business and operational performance.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1 - About the Company 5
Vattenfall AB - Key Facts 5
Vattenfall AB - Key Employees 6
Vattenfall AB - Key Employee Biographies 7
Vattenfall AB - Major Products and Services 8
Vattenfall AB - Key Operational Summary 9
Vattenfall AB, Share of Installed Capacity by Fuel Type (Power Generation), 2010 9
Vattenfall AB, Share of Installed Capacity by Region (Power Generation), 2010 10
Vattenfall AB - History 11
Vattenfall AB - Company Statement 19
Vattenfall AB - Locations And Subsidiaries 21
Head Office 21
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 21
Joint Venture 24
Section 2 â€“ Company Analysis 25
Vattenfall AB - Business Description 25
Vattenfall AB - Corporate Strategy 26
Vattenfall AB - SWOT Analysis 27
SWOT Analysis - Overview 27
Vattenfall AB - Strengths 27
Vattenfall AB - Weaknesses 28
Vattenfall AB - Opportunities 29
Vattenfall AB - Threats 30
Vattenfall AB - Key Competitors 31
Section 3 â€“ Companyâ€™s Power, Oil & Gas Financial Deals and Alliances 32
Vattenfall AB, Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 32
Vattenfall AB, Power, Deals By Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 33
Vattenfall AB, Recent Deals Summary 34
Section 4 â€“ Companyâ€™s Recent Developments 35
Mar 28, 2017: Vattenfallâ€™s Annual and Sustainability Report 2016: â€œPower Climate Smarter Livingâ€ 35
Mar 15, 2017: Vattenfall and Preem to work on large scale biofuel project in Sweden 36
Mar 15, 2017: Vattenfall and Preem to work on large scale biofuel project in Sweden 37
Mar 07, 2017: Vattenfall supports major battery production project in Sweden 38
Feb 27, 2017: The Swedish Energy Agency is investing heavily in a carbon-dioxide-free steel industry 39
Feb 22, 2017: Carbon Trust OWA to challenge jacket foundation fatigue standards 40
Feb 10, 2017: Nuon to realize large-scale solar power stations with wind farms 42
Feb 09, 2017: Chinese high-tech datacenter chooses Vattenfall 43
Feb 08, 2017: Vattenfall proposes extension to Thanet offshore wind farm 44
Feb 07, 2017: Vattenfall invests 325 MEUR into a new gas-fired combined heat and power plant in Berlin 45
Section 5 â€“ Appendix 46
About GlobalData 46
Contact Us 46
List of Figures
Vattenfall AB, Share of Installed Capacity by Fuel Type, MW, 2010 9
Vattenfall AB, Share of Installed Capacity by Region, MW, 2010 10
Vattenfall AB, Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 32
Vattenfall AB, Power, Deals by Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 33