Wartsila Corporation (WRT1V) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companyâ€™s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companyâ€™s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description â€“ A detailed description of the companyâ€™s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy â€“ Analystâ€™s summarization of the companyâ€™s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis â€“ A detailed analysis of the companyâ€™s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history â€“ Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services â€“ A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors â€“ A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees â€“ A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies â€“ A brief summary of the executivesâ€™ employment history.
- Key operational heads â€“ A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries â€“ A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years â€“ The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods â€“ The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Wartsila Corporation (Wartsila) offers complete lifecycle power solutions and advanced technologies for the marine and energy markets. It provides low-speed and medium-speed engines, seals and bearings, automation systems, pumps and valves, ship design and ballast water treatment systems to shipyards and ship owners. The company also offers power solutions for every phase of oil and gas exploration, transportation, production and refining, for both onshore and offshore. The companyâ€™s services include engine services, electrical and automation services, propulsion services, seals and bearings services, boiler services and environmental services. It has operational presence in Europe, Asia and the Americas. Wartsila is headquartered in Helsinki, Finland.
Wartsila Corporation Key Recent Developments
Apr 18,2017: Wartsila To Power Worldâ€™s First LNG Fuelled Offshore Construction Vessel
Apr 13,2017: Flexible And Modular â€œNatural Gas Operating Fleetâ€ Concept Receives Approval In Principle
Apr 12,2017: Wartsila Dual-Fuel Solution To Drive Worldâ€™s Most Powerful Cutter Dredger
Apr 10,2017: Wartsila working with shipyards to ease retrofitting of Ballast Water Management systems
Apr 05,2017: CMM, HHI, Wartsila And DNV GL Reveal LPGreen Concept Design
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companyâ€™s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitorsâ€™ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companyâ€™s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companiesâ€™ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Wartsila Corporation - Key Facts 6
Wartsila Corporation - Key Employees 7
Wartsila Corporation - Key Employee Biographies 9
Wartsila Corporation - Major Products and Services 10
Wartsila Corporation - History 13
Wartsila Corporation - Company Statement 27
Wartsila Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 28
Head Office 28
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 28
Joint Venture 31
Section 2 â€“ Company Analysis 32
Wartsila Corporation - Business Description 32
Wartsila Corporation - Corporate Strategy 33
Wartsila Corporation - SWOT Analysis 34
SWOT Analysis - Overview 34
Wartsila Corporation - Strengths 34
Wartsila Corporation - Weaknesses 35
Wartsila Corporation - Opportunities 36
Wartsila Corporation - Threats 37
Wartsila Corporation - Key Competitors 38
Section 3 â€“ Company Financial Ratios 39
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 39
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 40
Performance Chart 43
Financial Performance 43
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 44
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 45
Section 4 â€“ Companyâ€™s Power, Oil & Gas Financial Deals and Alliances 46
Wartsila Corporation, Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 46
Wartsila Corporation, Power, Deals By Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 47
Wartsila Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 48
Section 5 â€“ Companyâ€™s Recent Developments 49
Apr 13, 2017: Flexible And Modular â€œNatural Gas Operating Fleetâ€ Concept Receives Approval In Principle 49
Apr 12, 2017: Wartsila Dual-Fuel Solution To Drive Worldâ€™s Most Powerful Cutter Dredger 50
Apr 10, 2017: Wartsila working with shipyards to ease retrofitting of Ballast Water Management systems 51
Apr 05, 2017: CMM, HHI, Wartsila And DNV GL Reveal LPGreen Concept Design 52
Apr 04, 2017: Wartsila To Provide Solutions And Maintenance For Hoegh FSRU And LNG vessels 53
Apr 04, 2017: Wartsila to supply 21 MW propane power plant to US Virgin Islands 54
Apr 03, 2017: Wartsilaâ€™s solutions selected by Minerva Marine Inc. to ensure compliance with ballast water treatment requirements 55
Mar 30, 2017: Wartsila to supply equipment for power plants in US 56
Mar 30, 2017: Puregas Solutions Wins Second Contract To Supply BioLNG Plant To Wartsila 57
Mar 30, 2017: Wartsila to expand its business in India 58
Section 6 â€“ Appendix 59
Ratio Definitions 59
About GlobalData 63
Contact Us 63
List of Figures
Wartsila Corporation, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 43
Wartsila Corporation, Ratio Charts 45
Wartsila Corporation, Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 46
Wartsila Corporation, Power, Deals by Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 47